ads simply 970x270

Advertisement

Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Sample Internship Cover Letter

Advertisement
When writing an internship cover letter, mention both your academic experiences and your past work experience, if applicable.

Sample Cover Letter - Internship

Sample Cover Letter - Internship
Sample Internship Cover Letter
FirstName LastName
Name University
Street

City, State Zip
ell: 555-555-5555
email: name@gmail.com
Date
Name
Job Title
Company
Street
City, State Zip

Dear Ms. LastName,

I am interested in applying for the scientific research summer internship position that was listed through the Name University Career Services Office.
I have had a great deal of laboratory experience in chemistry, biology, and geology, both indoors and in the field. In the lab, I have performed chemical reactions and I am currently using microscopes to observe many specimens. In environmental field studies, I have conducted outdoor labs to assess water chemistry.
Last summer, I worked as conservation assistant at Clumber National Park. I am seeking to complement this outdoor experience with a research internship in order to acquire the background necessary for a future career in scientific research.
I believe that I would be an asset to your program. This internship would provide me with the ideal opportunity to assist at your organization and to expand my research skills.
I will call next week to see if you agree that my qualifications seem to be a match for the position. If so, I hope to schedule an interview at a mutually convenient time. I look forward to speaking with you.
Thank you for your consideration.
Sincerely,
Signature (hard copy letter)
FirstName LastName

Sending an Email Cover Letter

If you're sending your cover letter via email, list your name and the job title in the subject line of the email message. Include your contact information in your email signature, and don't list the employer contact information. Start your email message with the salutation

Follow - Us